Got into a train in rushhour after almost six years! And realised how easy my life had become. So unadventurous! Err... Getting into the train was simple as the train was parked right there..when i reached the station. Got a place to sit too... kept looking at the time as i had be at CST at ten sharp!

The train left.. my memories of travelling by a local train were refreshed as the stations passed by...i looked at the time, it was 9:15. I had taked the 8:52 train from Andheri. I had reached Mahim station... !! and it takes me about an hour everyday from Andheri to Mahim if i take the road...anyway, the train started....i went back to my thoughts and memories...

The train stopped, it was wadala station..i looked at the time, it was 9:25. I was right on time...i was glad that i had a place to sit, not much crowd in the train...no polution except for a terrible stink! Anyway... it had been almost 10 minutes since the train had stopped at wadala, and suddenly the train moved... i was glad...atleast it moved. BUT!!

The train was moving in the opposite direction! :) It wasn't going to CST, it was going to Belapur! Careless as usual me, i hadn't seen the station where the train was headed to before getting in, I just saw the time and got in...thinking that all the trains starting from that platform go to CST :D

Anyway..so i had to go a station behind and then change the train from a station called CBT (which i heard of and got down at for the first time) to CST. But guess what, when i got off at CST, i looked at the time, it was 5 minutes to 10!! I had made it on time! Thanks to the local train service!

2 comments:

Darnell Clayton said...

Nice story. Made me smile. (it has been a "long day.")

Anyways...just want to let you know your blog was featured in Blogger Delights which highlights blogs from various countries as well as celebrating birthdays around the blogosphere. Congrats!

R said...

been in bbay's local once...it scared the hell outta me. i still am overawed by how it is all holding together. resolved never to travel by it again unless there is absolutely NO WAY OUT.